The Australian climate lends itself to indoor and outdoor living. Our homes and commercial properties have large areas of glass to allow natural light in and for a sense of the outdoors.
Glass offices with views are fabulous but when we are feeling hot and uncomfortable in an office environment, we can’t think straight! Desks placed near glass on warm days can be comfortable with sun control window film. Energy costs are maintained at the same time.
Ultraviolet Reduction Window Films
Window films offer plenty of advantages to the Adelaide home owner over other sun-control options such as heavy drapes or blinds:
- Reduce heat – window tinting provides up to 71% heat reduction, perfect for those west facing windows or anywhere your building needs sun control.
- Minimise fading & sun damage – window tinting blocks up to 99% of harmful UV rays and protects your valuable interior furnishings from fading.
- Reduce glare – direct sunlight or reflections from buildings, water or surrounding windows can be reduced with window tinting.
- Lower energy costs – areas of extreme sun or shade can cause interior temperature imbalances and climate control issues. Window tint can remedy this problem and significantly reduce air conditioning costs
3M Night Vision Films – cut the glare but enjoy the views
Some window films with high levels of sun control and glare reduction capabilities are the most internally reflective, making them difficult to see through especially at night. You need film that reduces heat and glare but still allows you to see the outdoors, keeping the weather outside but your views unobstructed.
3M’s Night Vision window films reduce solar heat by up to 71%, block 99% of damaging UV rays, and reduce glare by 83%, being one of the top performers in sun control window tinting.
The Night Vision range also comes with a patented technology that maximises sun control while reducing the reflectivity to allow clear and unobstructed views of the outdoors – the best of both worlds!
3M Prestige Films – increased protection from the sun when you need it most
The 3M Prestige Series brings significant technological advancement in how window films can enhance buildings and homes. This high performance clear or lightly-tinted window film controls how light waves pass through or reflect off of hundreds of layers of film.
As the sun’s angle increases, so does the performance of this film which means better protection during hotter parts of the day.
This range of window films combines all the benefits of heavily-tinted or reflective films without the drawbacks of darkened rooms or mirrored windows:
- Increased on-angle heat rejection provides additional performance benefits
- Low reflection enhances views and overall beauty
- No metals; 3M technology provides superior performance with no corrosion or interference with cell phone signals
- Extends the life of furnishings by rejecting UV
- Premium 3M manufacturer’s warranty
- Reduces glare and eye discomfort
- Increases personal safety by minimising flying glass